< Back to Resources
VOLUNTEER AS A BUDDY
We are seeking compassionate adults to be a companion and brighten the day of a home-bound patients once a month for a couple hours!
We are in need of adults 18 years old or older who have a couple hours a month to provide companionship to our clients. As a Beauty Buddy, you will accompany a licensed beauty professional who will offer a free service (haircut, manicure, pedicure or facial) to the patient. Your presence makes the visit that much more enjoyable for our clients and act as the liaison between Beauty Bus and the client. Given the limitations our clients face they are often isolated from the friends, family and the outside world. Your compassion and companionship gives them something to look forward to and they light up when Beauty Buddies and Beauty Professionals come to spend time with them.
- Must have daytime flexibility, appointments are scheduled Sunday through Friday 10am to 6pm.
- Must be able to commit to a once a month visit that lasts a couple of hours.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to provide two references.
- Must have access to reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license and insurance.
The Beauty Bus Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for chronically or terminally ill people and their caregivers by bringing beauty into their lives. We provide in-home beauty and grooming treatments, free of charge, to empower our clients, help them maintain dignity and give them respite during difficult times.
Beauty Bus Foundation
For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org